Generic Client support lets you use any OpenVPN protocol supporting VPN client for connecting to CloudLAN room
This feature is useful for platforms (OS) which are not yet supported by CloudLAN App and users who are comfortable setting up 3rd party clients.
- You have active CloudLAN account
- You are member of the room
- Room has active subscription
The following video clip demonstrates how to download a .ovpn config file & credentials from your Simply5 Account.
- Visit your profile section at accounts.simply5.io
- Select Generic Client in the menu
- Select the room
- Select the OS platform (for Android & iOS select Linux)
- Enter a device name you will use the configuration on
- Click 'Get Config'
- Note down ID & Password generated
- Download the .ovpn configuration file
- Follow instructions provided by the 3rd party client to get connected
Only 1 device configuration can be generated per room. Devices connecting using the configuration will shown as Online next to user name in CloudLAN App for other CloudLAN users
CloudLAN provide various guides to walk you through the setup processes, otherwise you can also follow official guide provided by the OpenVPN client you are using.
Got a question not answered in this knowledge base?
Contact us at [email protected] or "chat with support" from our website or inside the app