You can connect any device which supports 3rd party OpenVPN client by using Generic client feature.
- You are the admin of the room
- You are connected to the Room
- Have access to the host you are trying to adopt
- Room has free host license
The below Quick video demonstrates how to Connect any device that supports OpenVPN Client using Host feature
- Click on Add New Server
- Give it a Name, select Generic Client from Dropdown & click on continue.
- Click on Download Config Button and select a folder to save the config file.
- Follow guide provided by OpenVPN client to import the config file
- Server will be seen online from CloudLAN app once connected
Download & Copy the credentials before you close the windows, you will not be able to view these details again, Remove the Host & start over if needed
Re-adoptions helps in cases where the host app got logged out or credentials are lost and you don't want the host IP to change.
- Once the Host shows as offline
- Select a host and click on Re-adopt host option.
- A New Credentials for host re-adoption will be displayed
- Use these in any OpenVPN client to connect to the room
Got a question not answered in this knowledge base?
Contact us at [email protected] or "chat with support" from our website or inside the app